- Multi-day field sampling trip and camping experience in Yellowstone National Park.
- Students will gain research experience through research projects designed and supervised by faculty mentors
- Weekly professional development workshops will help students enhance their research, communication, and professional skills, helping bridge their aspirations to future research careers
- Social events with EB-REU faculty, graduate students and undergraduates will encourage our participants to try new things and experience life in Montana.
- A scientific literacy short course will help students build the capacity to understand and analyze information from the primary literature
- Participants will practice communicating their scientific knowledge by presenting a poster at a local summer science and technology meeting, giving a presentation at an end of program research symposiumPanel discussion on preparing and applying to graduate school
- With the COVID-19 pandemic, at this time we are planning to offer on-campus housing and hoping to maintain an in-person program for summer 2021. Final decisions will be made closer to the start of the program, in accordance with campus and county guidelines