Validation error: Please correct the errors below.
denotes required fields.
Once you have completed the form, please be sure to submit your additional documents
to our application portal.
Please use the following file naming convention:
You must submit:
1) Your resume (maximum of two pages)
2) Two-page personal statement, answering:
1. Why are you interested in the Extreme Biofilms research program? As part of your
response, please also include a short-term (for the summer research experience) and
long-term (broader educational and career) goal you have.
2. What unique qualities and characteristics will you bring to the summer research
experience, and how are they shaped by your educational and life experiences?
3. Our lives have all been enhanced by exposure to diverse people, places, or experiences. How will you contribute to
creating a campus environment that is welcoming and inclusive? How do you communicate with
people who are different from you?
3) Unofficial transcript
Your reference must also submit a recommendation letter. Please arrange to have your
recommendation letter uploaded to our recommendation letter portal using the following format for the filename: Last Name.First Name of Applicant_Last
Name.First Name of Recommender (e.g. Smith.Pat_Williams.Aaron. where Pat Smith is
the name of the student and Aaron Williams is the name of the recommender).